Speech-Language Pathologist & Learning Specialist
- B.A.. in Communicative Disorders from the University of Central Florida
- M.A. in Communicative Disorders/ Speech-Language Pathology from UCF
Previous Work / Teaching Experience:
- 20 years experience working with children of all ages to address a variety of educational and communication disorders, deficits, and delays.
- Provided intervention in public schools, private schools, private practice, hospitals, outpatient rehab, home healthcare, and natural environments.
- Rehab management of outpatient clinics and home healthcare settings.
Specialized Training /Area of Expertise:
- Speech-Language Pathology-Language disorders, Developmental delay, Language-based learning disabilities, Articulation disorders
- Orton-Gillingham 60 hour training
- Executive Function
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Reading Comprehension and Written Expression
What I Do at EtB:
- Orton-Gillingham Intervention
- Speech-Language Therapy
- Family and student support
- Language Intervention
- Dog Rescue, Reading, Playing Cards, Traveling, Beach, Entertaining, Coffee!
What inspires my work with students:
- I am dedicated to spending my career helping students overcome reading disabilities and develop a love of reading. Every child must be offered the opportunity to learn and expand on his/her unique value to become successful learners and thriving future adults. I believe strongly that every child has the capacity and desire to learn, and it is my job to meet each student in that unique “place” where he/she learns best. It is a privilege to come to work and spend my days doing what I love, Every day, it is a joy to see students learning, building character and resilience, and becoming more confident with each new success!